Server virtualization services creates a representative form of the actual object that remains closest to the description. It distinguishes the resource or service request from the underlying physical delivery of the actual service. In computing terminology, it is basically a framework or an architecture that allows the end user to avail maximum usage of computer resources accessible. It allows running multiple instances of Operating systems and Applications on a single Computer where each of the operating systems runs as a self-contained machine called “Virtual Machine”.
Virtual Machine Monitor-VMM, the software layer is installed either over the host Operating System or directly onto the system hardware. The way VMM is installed determines the Virtualization Architecture the Server is dependent on. It enables switching between Virtual Machines without rebooting or hardware partitioning.
- Hosted Architecture: A base OS is first installed on the system and it is upon this OS that the software layer VMM is installed to allow users to run guest OS. The communication with I/O devices is majorly controlled by the host OS with limited access to the guest OS for just a few I/o devices.
- Bare-Metal Architecture: The software layer VMM is directly installed on system hardware thus allowing direct access between I/o devices and VMM. This improves I/O performance with real-time OS support
Type Of Virtualization Service
- Application Virtualization:Here, the applications get virtualized and are streamed from a server to the end user’s device.
- Desktop Virtualization:It is a method that separates a computer’s desktop environment from the physical computer. It is mostly used in the data center, where personalized desktop images for each user are hosted on a data center server.
- Hardware Virtualization:This refers to the creation of virtual (as opposed to concrete) versions of computers and operating systems. It aims to run different operating systems on the same hardware and lets more than one user to use the processor simultaneously.
- Network Virtualization:This refers to the method of combining the available resources in a network by dividing the available bandwidth into independent channels, each of which can be assigned or reassigned to a particular server or device in real time.
- Operating System (OS) Virtualization:It enables organizations to have a single server that can run multiple OS’ instead of having a dedicated server for each OS.
- Server Virtualization:It is a method of partitioning one physical server into numerous virtual servers, each of which run its own operating system, applications and functions as an independent server.
- Storage Virtualization:It is the process of grouping physical storage from multiple network storage devices so that it performs as if it is on one storage device.
Features of Oriflamme IT Solutions Virtualization Services
Oriflamme offers customized IT Virtualization consulting solutions that are perfectly in sync with the business needs of customers. Our domain experts help you in deriving the benefits of virtualization for all mission-critical business applications.
- Improved agility: Our services enable the accelerated virtualization of critical business applications in addition to improving storage I/O performance.
- Boosted productivity: We are focused on simplifying storage management and hardware consolidation to ensure higher productivity.
- Advanced resource optimization: We ensure advanced levels of resource optimization by combing the available resources and dividing the available bandwidth into independent channels.
- Backup Support & Disaster Recovery: The fool proof backup and disaster recovery plan ensures proper management and storage of the critical customer data.